Monday 13 August 2018

Summer Days!

Why is it that time seems to fly by so fast in the summer? Another week has gone already and I can hardly say where it went! Even tho' the days are longer and SO very enjoyable - everything seems so much better in the glow of summer sunshine - they just seem to wizz by!


Lots of time being spent outside, of course. Walking along the canal near my home is always a pleasure. Earlier in the summer, I took these pics of the bluebell woods which are about 10 minutes from my door.



Even just hanging the washing out is a pleasure on these beautiful sunny days, as is tending my little 'garden', a small raised bed in a corner of the back yard.

My little cottage doesn't have a front garden but..........

I do have space for my pots and my bench where I can sit and enjoy my plants and the view across the canal in the summer sunshine. I love it!






I love these blue petunias in their blue pots (there's a matching one on the other side of the bench)

and these pink geraniums

I have pots to the left of my door.....












and pots to the right........ 







And I absolutely LOVE these cute little toadstools on my doorstep!



I must confess that there has occasionally been an hour or two now and then, spent sitting out on my bench watching boats and the world go by, in the sunshine of a lazy summer afternoon! But it has been pretty scorching hot so I don't spend as much time as I would like out there! We really could do with some rain - a few good downpours, overnight only of course! Would do the gardens and crops a lot of good.

Lots of time is being spent walking/ hiking either locally or further afield in the Lakes or the Dales. SO many really lovely places to walk! But to be truthful, major hikes, especially up peaks, have been put on the back-burner a bit because its just too hot! Shorter walks, 7-10 miles, mostly on the flat are still very doable though and most weekends will involve at least one and sometimes two! With a Saturday night out for some live music in between!

Well, that's all from me for now. Check out some of my other pages and come back again soon to see what's new!

And keep dancing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment