Wednesday 15 August 2018

Memory Lane

 As well as my other passions for books, crafts, coaching and supporting mental health and well-being, I love my camera. Photographs give me lots of pleasure! I love the act of taking them, capturing experiences for posterity. I love reviewing them just afterwards and I also love coming back to them, sometimes years later, enjoying again happy memories of the events and experiences I captured.


Cake and Bake Show 2014

When doing some sorting of my photo files recently I came across these pics that I took at the Cake and Bake Show in 2014. I remember being absolutely amazed by the stunning displays and could not quite believe that they were cakes!! How very clever people are!

I used to love making special birthday cakes for my two boys (I maybe able to find some photos of them later) but I could never attempt anything like this! I really wouldn't have a clue where to start!

These are some of my favourites from that day.








And finally, this fantastic masterpiece!!



I'd love to know what happened to them all after the show was over!!

So, do you like baking?? You don't have to produce anything like this but, like taking photos, making a simple little something delicious gives double pleasure - first in the making and then in the eating!

Living alone like me? Bake something and choose someone to share it with - a neighbour, your local Postie or Window Cleaner............ Or maybe invite a few friends or neighbours to a Cake and Coffee Break in support of your favourite charity - or mine, The Silver Line
See how much difference tea and a cuppa can make here
Who doesn't love a bit of fresh, homemade cake!

And while you're at it, keep dancing!


No comments:

Post a Comment