Thursday 30 August 2018

TED Talks

I want to share a wonderful resource with you - the TED talks. TED talks are short, maximum 15 minutes, video talks on a vast range of subjects, all delivered by some of the world's most inspirational speakers. I have been watching TED talks on and off for many years and they never fail to inspire me. I have already shared with you links to some of the most relevant ones in the posts and on the pages of this blog.

It's quite easy to use. Just type TED talks into the search bar of your web browser and the home page will come up, or just click this link TED Talks Home Page to take you directly there. Then use their search bar to search for topics that interest you. Once you find a video of interest you will notice that others, on a similar theme, show up down the side of the screen - which is both good and not-so-good. Good because you don't have to search and not-so-good because I usually end up watching three when I only intended to watch one!!

TED talks can be informative,inspirational, motivating and sometimes challenging - but they are always interesting. When I have the time, I find them a great way to entertain and to exercise the grey matter, especially on rainy days when physical exercise is not such an attractive option!

I invite you to sample TED to see what you think. I have listed some of the links, already shared throughout this blog, below. But please go and have a look at the TED site to find those that may mean more to you. And if you find some good ones please share them via the comments box at the bottom of any of my blog pages! Happy watching!!

The Best Way To Help Is To Listen.

Why Kindness Is Good For You.

The Gift & Power of Emotional Courage


No comments:

Post a Comment