Tuesday 4 September 2018

More Craftiness!

 My lovely Mum, Margaret who sadly passed away 5 years ago, was a knitting and crochet wizard. And she taught me to knit and crochet from when I was about four and she and I used to knit everything for my Dad, three brothers and me - jumpers, cardigans, hats, gloves and even socks! And we used to crochet full size blankets too.

When my boys were little I used to love making things for them, especially picture sweaters of their favourite cartoon characters. Later, being a single working mum of two teenage boys, for many years I just didn't have the time or the energy for crafting. But when I retired, quite a few years ago now, I rediscovered my love of yarn and making things for Little People, whether my own or other people's.

I especially love making really colourful baby blankets and little hooded coats. Initially I started just making them for the children of family and friends but over time word spread and I was asked to make more and more, making them to order. For a while I even sold them online, sending them as far afield as Spain, Portugal,  USA, Norway etc. I don't sell them anymore but still make them just for the love of it and I have donated a lot of them to charities. There is a new one in progress at the moment for my partner's first grandchild who is due to arrive any day now. Exciting!!

I thought I would share with you some of my past favourites.

As I said, I do love the bright rainbow colours! And, although I have made all kinds of baby clothes my real favourite is this hooded duffle-style coat.
I also like the blues........


And the lilacs..............









And the pinks!







But my favourites are still the rainbow colours....


















And I did really like this pretty little pink dress with it's heart-shaped buttons as well though!

Right, I'm off to finish the current little hoody before the new little one arrives! I'll post a picture when it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment